Hello from The Other Side
I like the dark.
For a long time I was 'sunshine & rainbows'. My heart was strong(still is) and nothing 'touched' me. I was unchanged for the most part by my life & it's lessons. Unjaded. Unfazed. Relentless in my quest for perpetual positivity. Goodness. Rightness. Or at least so I thought. Turns out, without realising it, life was chipping away at me slowly. Bit by undeniable bit. I didn't even notice myself changing. It was kinda like a terrifying birthday SURPRISE! All of a sudden things are jumping out at me, showing me just how far from who/what I was I actually am.
HUH! Did I think that? Did I say that?? Dear Lord, did I do that???? At first, I was taken aback. Anyone who knows me knows that I am alot weary of strangers. It takes me a long minute to warm up to people. I have to observe them from a distance first. See if they're really about what they say they're about and if I like it. Now here I was, face to face with a me I didn't know. A stranger...and I couldn't surveil from a distance. I was in my own face. Luckily, I like(d) myself. I am frank. I like my truth straight up, no chaser. No ice, no mixer. I am passionate. I am loyal. I'm funny(I think). I'm fun(this according to data collected from reliable sources). I am real. I care about souls in human form. I take what I can give. I'm alright. THANK GOODNESS! And I like the dark.
In the words of Meredith & Christina(Grey's Anatomy), I am dark & twisty and I like the dark & twisty parts of people. They don't scare me. They don't actually surprise me much either. I take them as they are because life is hard and unpredictable and an individual sport. I have no expectations except honesty. Full disclosure type honesty. The only thing that REALLY, REEEEALLY rubs me up the wrong way is deliberate deception. Whether by ommission, half truth or pretense. That and inconsiderate-ness. People who are not aware of themselves and the space they take up or the impact they have on others are annoying to me. They are annoying and destructive. We are each sensitive souls. Let us respect each other as such.
So yeah, dark & twisty but I care about people and I'm honest. So there is a little light in there somewhere. Not all bad... Right? :)
#MoonlightAndTwinkles
FACEBOOK: Tasila Mwale from Zambia
TWITTER: @odalitsidwa
INSTAGRAM: @odalitsidwa
For a long time I was 'sunshine & rainbows'. My heart was strong(still is) and nothing 'touched' me. I was unchanged for the most part by my life & it's lessons. Unjaded. Unfazed. Relentless in my quest for perpetual positivity. Goodness. Rightness. Or at least so I thought. Turns out, without realising it, life was chipping away at me slowly. Bit by undeniable bit. I didn't even notice myself changing. It was kinda like a terrifying birthday SURPRISE! All of a sudden things are jumping out at me, showing me just how far from who/what I was I actually am.
HUH! Did I think that? Did I say that?? Dear Lord, did I do that???? At first, I was taken aback. Anyone who knows me knows that I am alot weary of strangers. It takes me a long minute to warm up to people. I have to observe them from a distance first. See if they're really about what they say they're about and if I like it. Now here I was, face to face with a me I didn't know. A stranger...and I couldn't surveil from a distance. I was in my own face. Luckily, I like(d) myself. I am frank. I like my truth straight up, no chaser. No ice, no mixer. I am passionate. I am loyal. I'm funny(I think). I'm fun(this according to data collected from reliable sources). I am real. I care about souls in human form. I take what I can give. I'm alright. THANK GOODNESS! And I like the dark.
In the words of Meredith & Christina(Grey's Anatomy), I am dark & twisty and I like the dark & twisty parts of people. They don't scare me. They don't actually surprise me much either. I take them as they are because life is hard and unpredictable and an individual sport. I have no expectations except honesty. Full disclosure type honesty. The only thing that REALLY, REEEEALLY rubs me up the wrong way is deliberate deception. Whether by ommission, half truth or pretense. That and inconsiderate-ness. People who are not aware of themselves and the space they take up or the impact they have on others are annoying to me. They are annoying and destructive. We are each sensitive souls. Let us respect each other as such.
So yeah, dark & twisty but I care about people and I'm honest. So there is a little light in there somewhere. Not all bad... Right? :)
#MoonlightAndTwinkles
FACEBOOK: Tasila Mwale from Zambia
TWITTER: @odalitsidwa
INSTAGRAM: @odalitsidwa
Comments
Post a Comment